Beginner's Guide to Casino Bonuses: What You Need to Know
Casino bonuses are among the most exciting aspects of playing at online casinos. They can be worth thousands of dollars and lead to serious winnings under the right circumstances. Therefore, it pays to know about online casino bonuses and how to use them. If you're looking for any help in this matter, you can check out the following guide. It discusses types of bonuses, how to qualify for them, terms and conditions, tips on using them, and more.
Common Online Casino Bonuses
Several types of bonuses are available in the online gaming world. You can see the most common offers and how they work below:
- Deposit bonus - You receive a match percentage bonus (e.g., 100% up to $1,000) based on your deposit amounts.
- No deposit bonus - You'll get a bonus simply for creating a casino account.
- Free chip - A free chip is non-withdrawable, but its winnings are cashable once you meet terms and conditions.
- Free spins - Free real money spins for online slots.
- Cashback - You get a certain percentage of your losses back (e.g. 20%) as a bonus.
- Welcome bonus - A welcome bonus is the first offer that you qualify for at a new casino.
- Reload bonus - Deposit bonuses that are available to existing players rather than new sign-ups.
- Loyalty rewards - Bonuses available through a VIP program, such as deposit bonuses, free spins, and cashback.
- Birthday gift - An online casino gives you a special bonus on your birthday.
How to Qualify for Online Casino Bonuses
You may be unsure how to get online casino bonuses. If so, you can follow the steps below to cash in on these offers:
- Choose an online casino - We provide many online casino recommendations at DepositBonusList.com. Of course, you can also do your own research on finding gaming sites.
- Sign up for an account - Select the join now or sign up on the homepage. Afterward, you fill out all necessary fields to complete your accounts.
- Enter a bonus code (if necessary) - Some online casinos require you to enter a promo code during registration or when depositing.
- Place a qualifying deposit - Check how much you need to deposit to qualify for a bonus. In many cases, you only have to deposit between $10 and $20.
All Casino Bonuses Have Terms and Conditions
You should always consider the T&Cs before diving headfirst into an offer. This way, you know what to expect when earning your bonus funds. Here are common terms associated with online casino bonuses.
- Wagering requirements (a.k.a., rollover) - You need to wager the bonus so many times over (e.g., 50x) before withdrawing funds from it.
- Expiration date - A casino gives you a certain amount of days (e.g., 90) to earn a bonus.
- Game Contributions - Some games don't contribute as much to wagering requirements as others.
- Max bet - A cap that limits how much you can wager (e.g., $10) with an active bonus.
- Country restrictions - Casinos might restrict some countries from pursuing bonus opportunities.
- Deposit method restrictions - One or more deposit methods may not qualify for promotions.
- No VPN - Online casinos can revoke a bonus if you're playing on a VPN-especially from a restricted country.
What Is the Most Important Casino Bonus Term?
You have to follow all terms to ensure that you benefit from bonuses. However, wagering requirements are an especially important term. They determine how much you'll need to bet before capitalizing on a bonus. If rollover is too high, you'll have a tough time winning anything from a promo. Therefore, you want to seek low wagering requirements in comparison to competing online casinos. 40x rollover is common, while anything lower than this gives you a better chance to win bonus funds.
How to Use Casino Bonus Codes
As mentioned before, you might have to use a bonus code at some online casinos. When this is the case, you first need to find a promo code. You usually enter codes for welcome bonuses while signing up for an account. Meanwhile, you use promo codes for reload bonuses when depositing. As long as you get the code right, you'll qualify for the relevant deal.
Sticky vs. Non-Sticky Bonuses
You may come across the terms "sticky" and "non-sticky" regarding deposit bonuses. A non-sticky bonus is one that separates your deposit funds from the bonus. You usually have to wager through your own money before the bonus and terms kick in. Some players like this deal because they can withdraw winnings. Meanwhile, a sticky offer adds your deposit funds and bonus together (e.g., $100 deposit + $200 bonus = $300 balance). You then use this lump sum to generate winnings that can be withdrawn upon meeting terms and conditions. However, you won't be able to cash out the bonus itself.
Are Casino Bonuses Fair?
Online casino bonuses are fair in the vast majority of cases. You just need to read the terms and conditions to know what you're getting into. For example, you don't want to jump right into playing for a bonus without knowing the max bet. Otherwise, you could be making a bunch of non-qualifying wagers and lose out on the offer. Of course, you should always avoid any bonus with unclear terms. Rogue casinos sometimes use unclear terms to make it harder to win with bonuses. That said, you also need to avoid playing at any unrepeatable casino, period.
Tips for Winning with a Casino Bonus
Online casino bonuses aren't guaranteed paths towards winnings. However, you can increase your chances of benefiting from these deals with the following tips:
- Seek bonuses with low rollover - Again, low wagering requirements improve your chances of winning bonus funds because you don't have to bet as much.
- Closely examine the terms - Never pursue a promotion before reading the terms. Otherwise, you might botch 1-2 terms and lose the bonus.
- Don't get fooled by supersized offers - Some online casinos offer gaudy bonuses with 500% matches or higher. While these offers look great, they may not always have the best terms and conditions.
- Know the game contributions - Baccarat, blackjack, and roulette don't usually contribute as much to rollover. Therefore, you want to check the terms page and see what each game contributes.
- Weigh high RTP with game contributions - If a blackjack game's RTP is high enough, it may still be the best route for earning a bonus even with low contribution. On the other hand, a high-paying slot that contributes 100% towards rollover could also be the best option.
Grab a Casino Bonus and Start Playing
Bonuses give you a better opportunity to win money at online casinos. Therefore, you should take advantage of these opportunities whenever available. We suggest playing at reputable casinos that offer consistent promos. This way, you always have a chance at extra money and will get paid by reliable casinos when you do win.