How VIP Programs Can Reward Loyal Online Casino Players
Most online casinos offer a large welcome bonus when you first sign up and deposit. But what's available after the welcome offer? Online casino VIP programs help you consistently earn rewards while playing real money casino games. The more you play, the more loyalty rewards you will receive. The following guide covers online casino loyalty programs in depth, including available benefits, how to qualify, and other considerations.
How Does an Online Casino VIP Program Work?
VIP programs award you loyalty points based on your real money betting action. For example, you might receive 1 point for every $1 wagered. These points move you closer towards rewards, such as cashback, free chips, and free spins. You can redeem the points by visiting the loyalty section of your account. Of course, you must make a deposit before you're eligible to play real money casino games. We'll discuss the specifics of depositing and playing for real money later.
What Do Online Casino VIP Programs Offer?
Loyalty offerings may differ from one gaming site to the next. But generally speaking, you can expect some or all of the following perks:
- Points for cash - Most programs let you exchange comp points for cash (e.g., $1 per 1,000 points).
- Cashback - You receive a percentage of your losses back (e.g., 8% cashback) after each day or week.
- Deposit bonuses - You may qualify for special match deposit bonuses as a loyalty member.
- Free spins - Slots free spins can be part of deposit bonuses or their own separate reward.
- Birthday and anniversary gifts - Get special rewards on your birthday and/or join date.
- Faster withdrawals - Online casinos speed up withdrawals for high-level VIPs.
- Free tournament entries - Enter casino tournaments and compete for prize money free.
- Dedicated support rep - A casino will assign a personal support rep to handle your questions.
- Personalized bonuses - Gaming sites use your previous bonus choices to craft the perfect bonuses.
Rewards Increase as You Move Up Levels
Online Casino loyalty rewards are not the same for every player. Those who play and bet more achieve higher levels in a VIP program. You receive bigger and more frequent perks as you advance tiers. Here's an example of what you'll see at the average mobile casino:
- Bronze (entry level) - Points for cash, 5% cashback, weekly 100% match bonus up to $500.
- Silver (2,000 points) - Points/cash, 7% cashback, weekly 100% match bonus up to $1,000.
- Gold (10,000 points) - Points/cash, 10% cashback, weekly 125% match bonus up to $1,000.
- Platinum (100,000 points) - Points/cash, 15% cashback, weekly 125% match bonus up to $2,000.
The example above provides a basic outline on what you can expect. Other benefits are usually associated with higher tiers, such as birthday gifts, quicker withdrawals, tournament tickets, and a dedicated account rep.
How to Qualify for Casino VIP Rewards
You normally only need to sign up and deposit to qualify for an online casino VIP program. Once you start playing real money casino games, you will collect points and start working towards rewards. However, some online casinos have invitation-only loyalty programs. In these cases, you must play until randomly receiving an invite from the casino staff. This setup is definitely not as appealing as simply registering and depositing to join.
Why Do Online Casinos Offer Loyalty Programs
An online casino VIP program is designed to incentivize and retain frequent players. It encourages your loyalty and helps ensure that you continue choosing a certain gaming site over the competition. Of course, online casinos can only give you so many rewards or else they would be at a long-term disadvantage. The point is to offer slightly more attractive perks than competing online casinos. Meanwhile, you benefit by getting more value our of online gambling. You may not get enough loyalty perks to overcome the house edge, but you'll at least collect valuable rewards.
Comparing Online Casino Loyalty Programs
Many mobile casinos are competitive with each other in terms of loyalty perks. But you might find some separation from one casino to the next. Here are aspects to consider when trying to find the best online casino VIP programs:
- Better points exchange rate - The average points-for-cash rate is $1 per 1,000 points. However, you may be able to find a better rate than this.
- Reasonable tier qualifications - You don't want to spend a lifetime advancing up the levels in a VIP program. Make sure that the tier qualifications are reasonable in terms of points.
- Register/deposit over invite-only - Most online casino loyalty programs accept you after a mere sign-up and deposit. By contrast, the worst-case scenario is that you'll have to wait for an invite.
- Clear rules & terms - A mobile casino should clearly explain the rewards and rules of its program.
Online vs. Land-based Casino VIP Program
Brick-and-mortar casinos are the originators of gambling VIP programs. Online casinos have borrowed many elements regarding VIP plans from the land-based gaming industry. Even still, some differences exist between online and brick-and-mortar loyalty programs. The key difference is that land-based casinos offer more physical rewards like free drinks, hotel stays, meals, limo transportation, and nightclub bottle service. Brick-and-mortar venues also have casino hosts floating around, waiting to help big winners get the rewards they want. Contrast all this to online casinos, which rely more on deposit bonuses, cashback, birthday gifts, and other virtual/monetary perks.
Start Earning Online Casino Loyalty Rewards
You can see how valuable online casino VIP rewards can be. The good news is that you can quickly get started towards earning them. All you need to do is find a quality gaming site with a loyalty program. Our site features plenty of online casino reviews and recommendations. Upon choosing a casino, you can sign up, deposit, and begin playing your way towards rewards.